Zachęcamy do nadsyłania tekstów do tematycznego numeru czasopisma "The Polish Journal of the Arts and Culture. New Series" - 19 (1/2024) - pod redakcją dr Elżbiety Olzackiej i dr Pauliny Tendery
From 24 February 2022, the eyes of not only Europe, but also the whole world, turned to Ukraine. The military operations that Russia had long conducted world-wide, and which escalated on that day in the eruption of the Russian-Ukrainian war, are a reminder of the armed, cultural and social conflict that has been growing in this region for years. The heroic Ukrainian mobilisation not only relates to the conduct of intense military operations but also to the self-organisation of society under the difficult circumstances of war. An essential element of this mobilisation is activity in the sphere of culture and art, focusing on the internal integration of Ukrainian society and acquiring external allies. Focusing on the issues related to the cultural front, cultural policy, and cultural diplomacy during the Russo-Ukrainian war that has been ongoing since 2014, we invite scholars to share their articles in a special issue of The Polish Journal of The Arts and Culture. New Series. Our goal is to examine the problems arising from the Russian invasion of Ukraine, genocide, war crimes, and international politics, especially from a philosophical and cultural perspective. The scope of the issue includes the following topics:
- artistic and cultural opposition to war crimes (murals, performances, and others)
- modern language of propaganda and communication (including the issue of hybrid war, social media, and the Internet)
- cultural policy and cultural diplomacy in circumstances of war
- documentation and analysis of cultural crimes
- durability and objectivity of ethical values in the post-modern world
- post-memory as a tool for the categorisation and understanding of the present day
- development of intellectual culture and physical culture in new national/patriotic narratives
We are also happy to announce that this issue opens academic cooperation between the Centre for Comparative Studies of Civilisations and the National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology in Lviv.
The editors of the special issue are Dr Elżbieta Olzacka, Dr Paulina Tendera (Krakow, Centre for Comparative Studies of Civilisations, Jagiellonian University), Taras Mazur MA (Lviv, National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology), and Dr Sergii Rusakov (Kyiv, National Pedagogical Drahomanov University).
The editors will consider all manuscripts prepared according to the following criteria:
- Length: 30,000–40,000 characters with spaces.
- Language: Polish and English
- Deadline: March 2023
Please send your proposed contribution to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
For further guidelines see: https://www.ejournals.eu/PJACNS/menu/574/
CFP (.pdf) can be downloaded here.
Wydarzenie na portalu Facebook dostępne jest tutaj.